Checking Your AC Unit For Damages
Before you dive in to inspect your air conditioner, here are some things to consider. First, make sure that the power is turned off. The cord might still be plugged in but the key should definitely be switched off. Second, if you can find any manuals for your system or an inspection sheet; read it over carefully and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. If you don’t have access to information like that then check out our tips below!
Let’s start with checking for leaks. Make sure no water/moisture is pooling around the unit where it shouldn’t be in. This could indicate a leaky drain line or coil in need of repair/replacement. The top coils should also not feel warm or hot to the touch. If they are, it could mean that the unit is overheating. Finally, check for obvious signs of any broken wires or damaged insulation.
The Importance Of Hiring An AC Expert
If you have been looking into replacing the AC unit in your home, then there’s a very good chance that you’ve noticed just how expensive they can be. Even if you manage to get one cheap, it’s still going to cost a lot of money for installation and repairs down the line. Why not hire someone who specializes in this sort of thing?
AC repair companies can help you find an expert air conditioner contractor who is great at what they do and will make sure your system lasts a long time. If you want to avoid shelling out a ton of cash every year for repairs or replacement parts, then hiring an AC installer from Pine Brook NJ will be worth it in the end. It’s that you take the time to do your research to find the best service, the more likely it will be that you get a good deal.
Why hire someone? That’s simple:
- You save time – It takes some work to change out an AC unit and make sure everything is working properly.
- Downtime – Once again, taking care of something like switching out an AC can take hours or even days depending on how complex it ends up being after inspection . Why mess around with doing it all yourself when you could be getting back to your life?
- Trust – For many people, hiring someone can be scary because they assume that they’ll get ripped off or the work won’t hold up over time.
Which Is The Best Option: Replace Or Repair Your AC
As summer approaches, you might be starting to feel the heat from the inside out. If you’re suffering through another hot summer without any air conditioning, consider replacing your unit with a new one. Replacing your AC is usually more efficient than just repairing it. Here are some reasons why:
1) Repairing Your Air Conditioner is More Expensive in the Long Run
The average life expectancy of an air conditioner is 10-15 years. Repairs become more frequent as your unit ages, so eventually, it will cost just as much to repair each time as it would to purchase a new unit.
2) Buying a New Air Conditioner Will Save You Money on Your Energy Bills
You probably won’t even notice the difference in costs when you switch to a newer unit with more efficient technology and better warranties!
3) Upgrading Now Can Prevent Repairs Later
If your AC is older than 10 years old, you’re already starting to see problems like reduced cooling capacity and higher energy bills.